The international spread of COVID-19 in our communities has impacted every college and University and changed the daily routines of all Zeta Psi members worldwide. Zeta Psi is committed to supporting our chapters, individual members, and communities in any way possible during this emergency.
Please reference this page for general recommendations on chapter operations, but above all else be sure to follow specific advisories issued by your campus or local, state/province, and national health authorities. Wear your masks!
January 5, 2021
Active Chapter Operations
- Zeta Psi chapters are expected to operate in accordance with local guidance.
- If a member is diagnosed as COVID positive, please immediately contact IHQ for support.
- We encourage chapters to support each other through regular contact while maintaining physical distancing in accordance with government and campus recommendations.
- While many activities have been disrupted, we strongly encourage ongoing appropriate opportunities for brotherhood, academics, service, recruitment, and career guidance/mentoring.
- Chapters should be reworking their operational plans as the situation evolves. Safety, recruitment, and finances are primary considerations.
- Chapter leaders should meet with their designated IHQ represented each week.
- Chapters should be collecting dues, updating rosters, and maintaining critical operations.
- Chapter leaders should be coordinating with other fraternities, IFC, and all campus resources.
- The Emergency Initiation Authorization remains in effect. We encourage chapters to utilize this authorization when necessary to welcome new members into Zeta Psi. Initiations must be done responsibly and in accordance with the law and local regulations.
Elder Chapter Operations
- Elder Chapters are encouraged to meet regularly for social or business matters via video conference.
- Elder Chapters should be supporting the Active Chapters particularly in the areas of safe housing, insurance, finances, and recruitment.
- Elder Chapter leaders are encouraged to join in or monitor weekly meetings between Active leaders and IHQ staff.
- Elder Chapters should conduct an annual general meeting at the appropriate time of the year.
- IHQ Staff are all working with chapters and chapter leaders daily. Chapter leaders are encouraged to reach out via Basecamp.
- The LTI program will continue virtually through the Spring 2021 semester. Chapter attendance requirements remain in effect for the Kirby and LTI programs.
- The International Headquarters building in Pearl River, NY is closed to visitors until further notice.
- There is no planned travel for IHQ staff at this time. All services will be delivered remotely using Zoom, Basecamp, and electronic communications.
- CDC COVID-19 Statement
- Canada Health COVID-19 Statement
- Johns Hopkins Live COVID-19 Map
- CDC Guidelines for Shared Housing
Questions or Resource Requests
Chapter Officers and Elders — Please post a message on your chapter Basecamp, if you have access. If you do not have access to Basecamp, please contact: