The international spread of COVID-19 in our communities has impacted every college and University and changed the daily routines of all Zeta Psi members worldwide. Zeta Psi is committed to supporting our chapters, individual members, and communities throughout the pandemic.
Please reference this page for general recommendations on chapter operations, but above all else be sure to follow specific advisories issued by your campus or local, state/province, and national health authorities. Schedule your vaccines when you can.
May 14, 2021
Active Chapter Operations
- Zeta Psi chapters are expected to operate in accordance with local and University guidance.
- Chapters should appoint a health and safety officer for COVID vaccinations. His responsibility is to help member understand how to register in their community for a COVID-vaccine and to encourage all members of the chapter to get vaccinated as soon as possible.
- If a member is diagnosed as COVID positive, please immediately contact IHQ for support.
- We encourage chapters to support each other through regular contact in accordance with government and campus recommendations.
- While many activities have been disrupted, we strongly encourage ongoing appropriate opportunities for brotherhood, academics, service, recruitment, and career guidance/mentoring.
- Chapters should be reworking their future plans as the situation evolves. Safety, recruitment, and finances are primary considerations.
- Chapter leaders should meet with their designated IHQ represented as scheduled over the Summer.
- Chapters should be collecting dues, updating rosters, and maintaining critical operations.
- Chapter leaders should be coordinating with other fraternities, IFC, and all campus resources.
- The Emergency Initiation Authorization remains in effect. We encourage chapters to utilize this authorization when necessary to welcome new members into Zeta Psi. Initiations must be done responsibly and in accordance with the law and local regulations. In no case, should a new member experience a longer than normal new member program. No candidate for membership should be “held” over the Summer.
Elder Chapter Operations
- Elder Chapters are encouraged to meet regularly for social or business matters.
- Elder Chapters should be supporting the Active Chapters particularly in the areas of safe housing, insurance, finances, and recruitment.
- Elder Chapter leaders are encouraged to work with assigned IHQ staff on Fall planning.
- Elder Chapters should conduct an annual general meeting at the appropriate time of the year. Elder chapter may request Zoom access for meetings.
- IHQ Staff are all working with chapters and chapter leaders daily. Chapter leaders are encouraged to reach out via Basecamp.
- The LTI program will continue virtually through the summer 2021. Chapter attendance requirements remain for the Convention LTI programs. These expectations have been shared with chapter leaders.
- The International Headquarters building in Pearl River, NY, may be visited by appointment. Please contact any member of the IHQ staff.
- IHQ travel remains on hold, but will resume in the coming months. All services will be delivered remotely using Zoom, Basecamp, and electronic communications.
- Convention plans are here.
Questions or Resource Requests
Chapter Officers and Elders — Please post a message on your chapter Basecamp, if you have access. If you do not have access to Basecamp, please contact: